PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spinning - recommendations please
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2009, 08:14
vanHorck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I disagree with all the above.

Let the poster finish his PPL first under the control of one school and once he gets his PPL, go on to the advanced training he wishes.

By then he could decide to go for spin training, for IMC (the weather is a bigger killer) or any other training which is appropriate for him.

The syllabus was not written the way it is for nothing. Furthermore to advocate changing types of planes, airport and school procedures half way, to then return to the original ones is stupid.

It will cost more to the student and delay his training.

One step at the time....

I can remember having the same urge when i did my stalls. My instructor showed me an incipient spin and a spiral dive, but i continued on my quest for more knowledge on stalls. Nevertheless, I now feel that spin training so early on in my flying career would not have benefitted me, especially not if it had to be done in a different location by unknown instructors in different planes with different RT and different school and airport procedures. The only way to do this would be if your current school was willing to insert an hour of spin training in a plane you knew, but even then the benefits would be minor at this stage

Last edited by vanHorck; 15th Feb 2009 at 08:19. Reason: further thoughts