PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which flight school in South Africa?
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2009, 17:38
EladElap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really don't understand what you think to gain by slagging off competition. As said I have NOTHING directly to do with CFS financially. I just stepped in when I heard utter bollocks being said on here about the safety of CFS. That is something that I take personally as I was the Air Safety Officer for two years and I know for a fact that everything, and I mean EVERYTHING was done by the books. I cannot comment on what contracts certain clients signed, as I had nothing to do with that side of the school.

The parts that I did, namely the operations, the flight training, the maintenance, etc, I can say were very good. I have instructed in JHB and have been abysmally disappointed by many students that I have flown with up there, some coming from a certain instution at rand airport too. Guys who have a so called PPL who couldn't maintain straight and level on the downwind!! I am generalising here and opening myself up, but In my two months of instructing up there I failed more ppl renewals than I did in two years in George. I have no doubt that there are great training instutions up there, ones that don't sign students off for an intial solo who can't even stay conscious on final appraoch for example.

This Carte Blanche saga has been waiting to come out for many many years, and fully support the CAA shutting down these unscrupulous characters. It is time for ATO's to start standing together and doing proper background checks on the students whom they are training. I mean asking for copies of the students training files before starting to instruct them. Putting aside this crap of constantly slagging competition off and having the maturity of all working towards a safer and more standardised way of training.