PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continental TurboProp crash inbound for Buffalo
Old 14th Feb 2009, 15:22
aguadalte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am extremely sorry for the loss of life. But what is it about supposed professional Pilot training? Even as a lowly and humble PPL/IR, I have read, had instilled into me, and studied the effect of ice. In as much as if you are getting iced up, dont use the flaps , you recalculate the landing distance available and if its too short, divert, unless you are certain that the tailplane is not a problem. (...) No doubt I will be vilified for this comment, as usual, and told to wait for the official report, but reports of ice on approach and then a sudden fatal dive just when they went for the flaps over the OM all adds up. I am flabbergasted how this can happen, yet again and again and again, remember people died.

The lawyers have already read all the comments, so mine are not going to make an iota of difference. In fact I hope they sue the airline out of existence
dope05,
Get a Life! Do you think we're air club week-end fly-boys?
A "humble PPL/IR" would have done, what many ATPL, 15.000h, wide-body driver's are doing here: Keeping their mouth shut and learning!