PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2009, 15:11
Tim McLelland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would be a tad unfair to criticise David Walton in any way. He bought the aircraft in the first place so without him there would have been no aircraft (or spares) to fly. The fact that he's taken a lot of money for hangarage is another matter entirely. Hangarage was free until the saga with dear Felicity which ultimately resulted in Walton charging for hangar space - and frankly if I'd been treated like that I would have done the same. If TVOC wanted to save all that money they should have re-negotiated their relationship with Walton or moved the aircraft elsewhere - and before all the usual smart alecs say "where", that hardly matters - point is, they didn't move elsewhere nor did they ever attempt to as far as I can determine.

Responsibility for the whole saga rests with Pleming -he's the head honcho and has been paid accordingly, therefore the buck stops with him. He's been congratulated on getting the aircraft back into the air and whilst I agree that was an achievement, I don't think he did anything that anyone else couldn't have done, but fair enough, he did it and that's fine. Point is, it's everything that's happened (or not happened) since then which has been so ridiculous and for which he receives a great deal or criticism - and quite rightly so.