PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2009, 14:57
JEM60

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Winco. The Americans at Airshows I attend there are not at all interested in aircraft that are 'non-American.' They are, as we all know, a fiercely patriotic race, and restoring their B.29 Superfortress, which is far more important than a Vulcan to them would be much more of a priority to them.It
it is proving extremely difficult to finance this aircraft, so not much chance with the Vulcan. Whilst the piston engined Warbird movement is very healthy, their postwar jet movement [apart from hordes of L.39s in Thunderbird colours [????] is not in good health at all. Restored F.86s would take precedence over anything from us Brits. Tim will probably dispute this, as he has before, but the only twin-engined military jets in private hands shown flying at Airshows are an F.4 [Collings Foundation] appearances are rare to say the least, and Rick Sugdens T.2 Buckeye.!!.
If money existed for more aircraft, I suggest it wouldn't be a British one. Yes, I know about Art Nalls and his Sea Harrier, but it's cost is minimal to operate compared with the 'Tin Triangle' There are more American twin engined jets that are supposedly airworthy and in private hands, but when it comes to shows, but neither I, nor my friends, who 'Airshow' much more than I, have ever seen them!!! Not a lot of chance for a four engined one,though I would like to think it was possible, but I fear this is extremely unlikely.