PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue launch five new routes!!
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2009, 11:26
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get over it HOBAY.

The last thing DPO needs is a LCC. We have a perfectly good, if somewhat more expensive service at the moment with connectivity onto international routes on the same fare basis. I am Victorian by birth, and do no share the Tasmanian "what about me" attitude. We get DJ or JQ here and we stand to lose QF Link.

Tasmania to CBR is a very small part of the port pair mix, so where are you coming from? Are Hobartians all going to make a pilgrimage or is there something I am missing?

You are correct in saying it is one cycle as opposed to 2, but with what? THERE IS NO MARKET!!!

The pollies will continue to fit their schedule in around the limited QF services so they can use their Chairmans Lounge and J class.

Tasmania is lucky to be serviced by air at all as it is in general low yield and always has been.

Stupid decisions like HBA CBR will in the long run weaken the appeal of TAs to the LCCs as the numbers will not be good. Not our fault that their call was bad, but it will be detrimental to the overall market on all routes.

As for HBA DPO CBR, give me a break. I have been engaged in designing schedules and aeroplane utilisation for a lot of years prior to my current occupation.

If you have been involved in schedules planning and aeroplane allocation in a domestic jet operator, then well and good.

If not, then shut the up.

Best all

EWL