PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2009, 11:26
Logistics Loader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chug 2..
Thank you for your reply..
I'm on the crews side here to just argue against the findings...!!

Unless the is no shadow of a doubt to the contrary, then they should be deemed blameless !!

As in other posts, i served 3yrs on JHSU and had every confidence in the Chinook crews who routinley "balanced" the a/c on my head whilst i hooked up an underslung load.

My point being that the 737 incidents just went to prove there was some mechanical error that resulted in the loss of 2 a/c plus crew & passengers, before a 3rd a/c survived a similar incident. Also how bout the findings from the Chinook accident nearer to base, when on a simulated 1 engine out scenario, the a/c suffered a real failure and crashed !!

Possible link ??
The facts n figures of known problems with the updated version caused concern for all. Yet no-one seems to listen until its all too late. Then the deal seems to be to blame the Crew for the error..as they say, "dead men tell no lies" (no offence intended !!)

Had any of the crew survived then i'm sure the findings would be significanlty different.

As for Colin McCrae's crash..
well, if he flew that helo knowing full well he wasn't licensed, then surely that would be the same as me pointing a loaded gun at someone and pulling the trigger...tantamount to murder !!

Its easy for the Poliice to stop us on the road when they do a registration check and theefore eliminate banned/unqualified drivers...the same cannot be said in the aviation if someone has a PPL and has there own a/c... as the McRae case proves, he jumped in, took off and yet no-one knew his licence had expired until it was too late.