PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2009, 10:37
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G4136

How much do you think Walton is owed then?

If you would care to take yourself back a few pages, and have a good read of the accounts, then you will see what I mean. Pleming and Walton between them, have taken a huge chunk of money that was donated by the public to get this aircraft back into the air. The public did not know or appreciate that they would be paying these 2 individuals an outrageous amount of money for the 'storage' of the aircraft or for 'consultancy' work, and that is appalling.

I have never accused Walton of being a villain at all, but you have to ask yourself why such huge amounts have been paid out to these two guys? You claim that he could have made even more money by using the hangar to store his potatoes. Really? Are you absolutely certain about that? If it is true, then I'll take a hit, but I seriously doubt that you can earn that amount of money from storing spuds frankly!

As for the debate on the aircraft going to the US, I have no doubts that the Americans would love to get their hands on it. They would pay whatever it costs to get her over there, where she would go probably on the 'experimental' register and fly her heart out!!

I hope she does go to be honest with you, and we can put an end to all this rubbish with Pleming and TVOC. The project has become a farce.