PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't get drunk onboard - or else
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2009, 09:50
Ten West

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm probably going to be labelled a killjoy for this one, but I don't care.

They really should not serve alcohol in departure lounges or on board aircraft. Full stop.

All incidences of drunken violence and most incidences of late PAX boarding (They're in the bar and didn't hear the PA system) could be avoided this way. Easily.

I smoke, and if I can go through the entire check-in, waiting around and flying process without a cigarette then I'm damn sure that anyone can get through the flying experience without a drink.

It really P's me off when I'm on a flight with some drunken idiot who has no idea how to conduct himself in public and so little self-respect that he's happy to allow himself to get into a state where he becomes a liability both to himself and others.

Freedom of choice is all well and good, but It should be reined in in circumstances like air travel, where the actions of those who espouse it infringe upon the rest of us.

Even when it was legal, I didn't smoke in confined spaces like bars etc. out of courtesy to others. I'd pop outside for one.
People owe it to their fellow travellers not to get rat-arsed on flights. Sadly, that's something that's of very low priority to members of the 'me, me, me' society in which we live.

Lock him up. Good on the magistrates!

Phew. Rant over.