PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2009, 20:23
blahblahblah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

In reading the recent posts I wonder what are the motives of the people who are posting them apart from running down an airport that like many others is currently having a difficult time,

highwideandugly and more bad news

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not only the london route,but probably the airport at this rate.
Airport closed most of yesterday due snow and lack of equipment/manpower to clear-again!! and also last couple of days not even enough ATC staff to keep it going closures announced for the last three days

Looks bleak???

NCL was shut yesterday, virtually every airport has been shut at sometime last week, are you suggesting that they had of equipment/manpower?

E) DUE ATC STAFF SHORTAGE NO ATC SERVICE AVAILABLE BETWEEN 0800-0830,
1030-1100, 1300-1330.

Not great but do you think these times were chosen so as to minimise disruption to the scheduled services...dare I suggest that is called managing a situation?

N707ZS Has anyone got any contacts in the local media? The Bmi roumour should be in the media. Bmi and or the airport should be pulled up on this one again!
What exactly would this achieve? Yes tell the media they then publish a story based on rumour alone, deterring potential passengers who worry the service might not be there, which makes bmi forward bookings worse.. which leads to them withdrawing the route... who exactly gains from this, not MME or the people it serves.. so what it the purpose of this post!!

Considering the relative size of MME e.g. pretty small, it receives more posts than many of its illustrious neighbours, but the majority of these, from people who claim to be 'supportive' are anything but. Whilst accepting this is a rumour network dare I suggest that people are a bit more considered before making a post?