PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Raising funds
Thread: Raising funds
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2009, 12:30
Vems

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why don't you spread over your training over a period of time? The current job market for pilots isn't looking very good at the moment. Take your time, don't rush things as there's a hell lot of other way more experienced pilots than such as you or I and many other wannabe's. Get a good job as someone else said, and fly when you can, enjoy it. If you're going to be rushing it, you'll get sick of it. That's not the point is it?

I fly once per week as I'm still at college, I work before that, part-time to earn money for flying. It's just enough to get me 4 lessons and my ridacard so I can get to work and college! When I need to buy something for myself.. well there's the problem, I usually don't have the money or when I do.. I think to myself ' Oh my God! That would be an hour in the PA-28 ' But honestly, if I was to fly it everyday for few hours to get everything out of the way as soon as possible, I wouldn't love it as much. The training is the best time of your life. At least, that's what few pilots said to me So don't rush it, enjoy it, make mistakes because in the future you won't fly when you want to if you're going commercially. It will still be exciting, yes, but you won't be able to make mistakes.. you will either die or get fired.. depends on what you do!

I've got my first lesson on sunday! Was meant to be last week but unfortunately... snooow!

Good luck bud!