PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus II
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2009, 11:19
JazzyKex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LGW do indeed fly mixed fleet and it IS all under the rules of CAP 371.

They do have fewer problems organising that than may occur at LHR as all long haul is heading west. I'm no authority on FTL's but the rumour mill was saying they did look into doing more long haul to easterly destinations from LGW but combining that with shorthaul and min rest was too difficult without large increases in numbers.

Could be very wrong but does have a ring of truth when you look at some of the LGW rosters!!!

On pay, T & C's they've (LGW CC) been sold down the swany by BASSA and their LHR colleagues. Expect little support for retention of LHR T & C's in the current climate!

I'd hate to see the brewing situation lead to any kind of industrial action and truly hope BASSA do something sensible about their relationship with their members, the company and the rest of their colleagues and open their eyes enough to see that pay is not the issue if genuine flexibility can be built into their practices.

This is a fabulous opportunity to encourage BA to stop using their normal CC tactics of wielding a big stick and offering no carrot!

Most CC I talk to are happy to see a re-negotiation of what even they see as outdated terms, as long as they can see genuine improvements to their working life. Trip swapping, maybe some type of bidding system...lifestyle choice!!!!!

Who knows maybe sometime within my career in Big Airways we'll see time when the adult relationship between BA and BASSA exists enough for me to not be in fear of my continued and future employment every time BASSA decide to rattle sabres and inconvenience thousands of those paying my wage in the process!!!!

Good luck in whatever you all end up negotiating...but definitely time for a shake up.

Jazzy