PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 13th Feb 2009, 10:39
TheChitterneFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The global downturn of the economy hasn't made it possible to make specific choices as to where you might get a flying job, so when needs must... anything is better than nothing!

Having said that, God, I'm sooooooo pleased to be back amongst the ranks of the unemployed here in the UK.

Take a few 'top tips'... DON'T ship anything out there until you've served your probationary period. RENT a car during your probationary period... you might otherwise be sorry if you decide to leave, because you'll owe the bank a huge pile of wonga that you must clear prior to your departure. DON'T risk your life riding a bicycle; Qatar has the worst driving skills that I've ever come accross in my not inconsiderable travels around the planet. It would be rare 'not' to witness a rear end shunt on the way to the office every morning. On the rare occasions when it rains... stay at home! If you're going out for dinner in the evening... allow at least one hour to crawl accross the grid-locked city; better still... take a cab. DON'T be tempted to get pissed-off by other inconsiderate road users and give them the finger... you'll be on the first flight out of the country, or, if you owe wonga to the bank... you'll end up in a prison cell!

All the very best of luck. Stay cool. Stay calm. Or... sod it; I'm outta here!

TCF