PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft accidents AIrcraft to blame?
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2009, 07:11
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some kind of collision avoidance kit may have helped.
Maybe maybe not ? If the aircraft ran in head to head unseen maybe, If they had voluntarely formated on each other and clipped each others wings in a tragic accident no.

Two experienced RAF instructors? That should cover the lack of training scenario.

That then leaves the possibility that it was just a tragic accident.

I put this thread up for discussion and there have been many good comments thanks for that!

One negative with making aircraft appear safer is that as with the Cirrus pilots will fly in conditions where they normally wouldnt because they think that if it all goes wrong I have the shute.

They take larger risks which negate the safety benefits.

The old Cessna 172 has the best safety record but that is an aircraft which has very docile handling, low stall speeds and safe manners.

We have advanced leaps and bounds with the latest generation avionics.

We have terrain awareness, we have night low visibility vision. We have accurate and precise position awareness.

Cirrus have even now introduced a panic button. Loose control press the panic button and the aircraft levels itself.

Whether these advancements will show a long term improvement in accident statistics who knows.

I agree that aircraft dont break its pilots that break them but with all the training in the world we are a diverse bunch and this year has started badly.

Pace