PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Footballer kicked in goolies failed TEM theory exam
Old 12th Feb 2009, 22:34
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

If someone says "It's been a long day and I'm tired" they're saying double check my work, I may be more prone to making errors.
I'm pretty sure that's what I said also. They're pointing out that our error management had better bet spot on. I also said that if the first time I'm hearing about it is in the takeoff/arrival brief when we're discussing the other 'threats' then it's not been dealt with appropriately. To get back to the semantics of it, it's not a 'threat' per se, it's highlighting the importance of error management.

I'm not averse to saying 'It's the last sector of a five day domestic trip and we're a bit 'over it' so let's work hard to make this a good one' but it ain't a threat and I'd never mention it as part of the 'threats' part of the briefing.

Sorry Dawg, having seen the changed behaviour in some individuals as a result of experiential exercises I can attest to the value of properly conducted scenarios. Next you'll be telling us that LOFT- which is close to the same thing- isn't worthwhile either.