PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2009, 18:21
smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
honest man

Personally as a Prestwick enthusiast i would like to see more aircraft there than anything else
How about they restore the Prestwick International Airshow or start a gliding club on runway 21/03?

After today's announcement I don't think your wish will be granted......... hold on a minute, maybe the airlines will get together and realise that honest man would like to see more aircraft at PIK and start flying in extra empty aircraft. GPIA could then re-open the spectators gallery for honest man and other spotters, the potential earnings for the airport would be amazing. I wish I had thought of that .

On a more serious note, PIK-AGP has dropped from 3 to 2x weekly as of April, I am sure there will be others to follow. I heard MOL was in yesterday telling the pilots of the reductions etc, apparently four of them flew in on a 737-800 with a full crew, they are meant to be flying around all the bases in europe having meetings with the pilots on their "private" 737. I guess if they are on an FR flight number and call sign they'll get their free/cheap landing fees. Probably cheaper in the longrun than chartering a biz jet.