PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near Miss at Mumbai Airport
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2009, 17:25
VT-ASM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ alouette 3

Beg to differ on your statement dude i.e.
There has always been a misconception about Russian aircrat being technically inferior to western ones, in the aspect of aerodynamics, avionics and so on. Even Russian pilots are not spared when they get involved in an accident in international airspace.
There was a midair collision a while back between a DHL 757 and a Russian TU154 M over Germany. The airspace was controlled by swiss skyguide. They were quick to pass on the blame on the Russian pilots, But further investigation revealed otherwise......
The skyguide controller was at fault.
I am not trying to say that the Indians were at fault for the colllision over Charkhi-Dadri, But still that remains a strong possibility given the rise in numbers of close shaves these days....
Only now the planes are back on terra firma in one piece and there are pilots who live to tell the tale.
Blaming the dead pilots have always been the easiest thing to do for airlines and aviation agencies to push the blame ball out of their court.
The 1990 Indian airlines crash was blamed on the poor pilots...case closed.
It was found that the A320 did have an error in the altitude mode selector, as evident from the Air Inter crash and the Mulhouse crash.

All we need is a competent authority like the FAA and the NTSB.
And for God's sake we need to let go of that 'chalta hai' attitude, and I think we shall have safe skies once again.

Cheers,

VT-ASM