PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CONCORDE ACCIDENT - PART 2
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2001, 01:53
virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good, thought-provoking posts by both FL and Covenant.
If this was a closed forum, confined to the industry, I might agree with Covenant. But it's not. What is Covenant suggesting? What is to be achieved by this informal investigating body? Do we expect the official investigators to read Prune and take views into account?
I'm totally with FL for the reasons he gives.
BA are about to have Concorde flying again. I for one am pleased about it even if they are the competition. Let's just celebrate.
Anyone who thinks the media will give a balanced account in whatever they write/broadcast is IMHO extremely naive. What documentary into the industry has ever been balanced? The media looks to sensationalise everything for 'shock horror exposure' melodramatic effect.
Most people/companies/industries who co-operate with the media in the naive belief that the final programme/feature will be balanced live to regret it.
IF the accident was due to pilot misjudgement/error then, in the interests of the reputation/future of Concorde, I hope that is made clear. But, whatever shortcomings the official investigation team have, I wouldn't trust the media/Press to investigate - they have no interest in searching for the truth, all they care about is a good story.

[ 30 August 2001: Message edited by: virgin ]