PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2009, 15:38
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
I guess you win the prize for repetition, cazatou, as this is your old chestnut. Time PPRuNe Pop for a new thread rule? No deviation, repetition etc etc?
1. I don't know what caused this accident. No one does, apart of course from Messrs W&D who are/were uniquely qualified to do so, IIRC from Newsnight!
2. You have been corrected on this before, please pay more attention! Lack of repeat accidents does not infer that an aircraft is/was airworthy. Airworthiness may be provided by modification, but not necessarily so.
3. My point about airworthiness is that it might or might not have been the cause of this accident. That the Airworthiness Authority (ie the MOD) should not be prepared to reverse the reviewing officers' findings of Gross Negligence when it was operating the type in contravention of its own airworthiness regulations at the time makes their position untenable IMHO. Of course I speak as an old BOF from a time when SoS's resigned because British territory was invaded on their watch! A far off time of which we now know little!
PS thanks for your wise words as ever, tucumseh, we crossed!