PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2009, 09:50
lucy21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting

Ok so here's a quick snapshot of my story so far, I applied in September, my final interview was October 8th in London, I got the golden call 5 weeks later and my medical forms came through a couple of days after that. Due to a massive mess-up by my doctors (and christmas falling halfway through) the medicals process took forever and I finally managed to submit the last of my completed forms on 27th January. My DOJ was originally 09/01/09, obviously this has moved as my medicals went on for a long time, I'm now also waiting for final approval, DOJ and visa and e-ticket. Haven't a clue what my chances are of getting out there, the people who got through on my interview day are already out there, they said they've heard rumours that courses are being delayed from April onwards but it's mainly hear'say so I'm not sure.

The one thing everyone has to remember is that these offers are only being withdrawn due to the economy, it has nothing to do with them changing their mind, as for thinking about suing them or anything else, forget it, they don't work like that, there's no proper legislation etc out there and besides, if they continued to hire everyone and expand at the rate they wanted to, in the current climate they'd probably go bust and we'd all be out of jobs anyway so be grateful they're just delaying course dates, Dubai thrives on tourism not oil (oil comes from Abu Dhabi) and the first thing that gets hit in such hard financial times is luxuries like holidays which is why they're suffering so much. We can only wait and keep our fingers crossed, it's not the end of the world if you get rejected, it just wasn't meant to be or you have to wait a while...