PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ASA Staff Shortage
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2009, 03:55
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Griffo,

I understand your comment about "ace-in-the-hole", but isn't that such a sad state of affairs when conditions reach the stage where people are forced to "vote with their feet". I don't know that we can afford to have a brain-drain of this nature. All that talent and experience lost - I imagine it will take years to rebuild, unless something positive happens and we can attract back those who have gone overseas. But I can't imagine that they'd want to come back under the present regime because if people are still bailing out, then it sends the message that nothing's changed since they, themselves, departed. It's almost the classic "death-spiral" and I can't see the demand from overseas outfits decreasing. Hell, if I worked for this bunch and had the opportunity to drink Guiness at the source for a few years, I'd jump at the opportunity as well. I certainly don't blame them for taking the option but it's so forking sad that it's reached this stage.

To reverse the adage, the powers that be seem determined to adopt a position of "short term gain for long term pain". For everybody else, of course. The perpetrators will be long gone and on descent under the golden parachute by then.

Last edited by Howabout; 12th Feb 2009 at 03:57. Reason: spulling - NZ spull chuck