PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2009, 01:17
J.O.

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
My words to Airbus and there are not only mine : No need for any RETARD call out , but if you choose to go with it, do not fool the crew by canceling it before ALL thrust levers comply to the request, especially when the consequences are huge.

Reports confirm Congonhas is not an isolated case, something, bizarre, I concede, is repeating on the Airbus side, so just go with the very simple recommendation to be applied and improve the chance the next crew will identify their omission before it’s getting catastrophic one more time.
While I am sure that our beloved Airbus hater will probably accuse me of being a rose-coloured glasses Airbus lover, I do in fact believe that they are serious about correcting this, and any other anomalies in what is an otherwise excellent aircraft design with an excellent safety record. At their most recent flight safety conference, Airbus addressed the issue of the thrust levers not being at idle on landing. They are working on a change to the flight warning computer logic which would keep the RETARD call going. While the final confuiguration had yet to be determined (because they want to perform thorough testing to ensure it works), the callouts may also get louder or more frequent as the thrust levers remain above idle for an extended time period.

Anyone who would take the time to attend one of their safety conferences would see that Airbus is not only committed to flight safety safety, but is highly responsive to operator feedback, as are the folks at Boeing.