PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2009, 21:09
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New carrier for BHD

Anyway Telegraph tonight mentions another airline being interested in City airport - subject to runway extension - any ideas?
Hi Rinty
Welcome to pprune, if you are a keen follower of aviation you will enjoy the content.

I read this information in the paper and to be honest, I really think that it is a red herring. Firstly, to reinforce the business case to the relevant audience, and to in a small way take the focus off Ryanair, as they seem to be the one that is most aggressive and most in favour of the extention.

However, if there were to be a major 'flag carrier' interested, it could only be an airline like KLM who might be interested in a daily Amsterdam, or BA?
I couldnt see KLM coming in given the story of BFS AMS and EI withdrawing and why would BA return to the market? However, if bmi was aquired by BA in some weird twist well then we may have a major flag carrier in (albeit only the same planes in a different guise). I cant see many airlines interested in an already over served market. Certainly not in the current times.

What do you think?

EI-BUD