PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Overtime
Thread: EK Overtime
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2009, 20:23
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it is fair to say that pilots at EK are screwed. We will not 'band together' at all. Take a look at Alwayzinit's post. He epitomizes what is wrong in this profession.

Nothing at all will change, except for the worse, until they cannot fill seats. EK will fill seats for the next 2 years, solely based on world-wide events. We have to sit back and take it, until the time comes when we can leave. That time is a long way off in my opinion. Where the hell am I going to go? I would leave here tomorrow if I had job with half the perks and half the bull**** of this company.

I started commenting 2 months ago about the general attitude of the office morons towards pilots. Where do you think this attitude comes from? OUR BOSSES !! They honestly believe we are overpaid and underworked ! In this environment, we cannot overcome this attitude, because we have no one with a brain or backbone in management to support us. ED is the biggest joke of a manager I have ever come across in all my years of flying. He is a YES MAN who believes he is a good manager.

Seriously... ED once said that Captain America taught him a lot about what is involved in being a Captain! That might be the most insane comment ever made! Well maybe the line about ''what planet are you on?'' is equally insane. We are up against morons, in a location that does not allow us to present our viewpoints in an effective manner, and ....... pilots are self-serving individuals. I would gladly call in sick on a given day, except for the fact I know that my colleagues would not do it in unison. Damn, the Pakistani and Indian drivers united, yet pilots can't seem to figure that out. We are our own worst enemies.

I don't even care anymore. I'll do my job and get on with life. Bring it down to 4 days off a month, we will still cave in.

You should seriously give your head a shake if you are considering coming to this nightmare in the sand. I have revised my opinion that pilots out of work might want to consider this place........ I now believe ANYONE coming here is dillusional.

Last edited by mensaboy; 12th Feb 2009 at 09:33.