PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Layoffs at REX- Cadets to go first?!
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2009, 19:50
SIUYA

Received 81 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Apache..............

Near sighted and harsh?

I don't think so, particularly with the economic forecast for Australia showing continued decline in GDP for 2009, and a continued increase in the unemployment rate. Economic data is also showing that there was a smaller than expected 'spend' ($700m) of the December handout ($8.7bn), and an increase in debt repayment as the average Australian tried to increase his/her saving rate. So reduced spending IS the reality apache, particularly in regional Australia, as I tried to imply. And it's going to affect outfits like REX and also delay the eventual economic recovery.

Read what lamax said:
Rex pilots may not be perturbed by so called management threats to EBA negotiations but they should be concerned with the two edged sword hovering over them - drought and recession which are the greatest threats to regional airline operators.
Read also the quote that Lamax attributes to Don Kendell:
"I'm not your pay master, it's your customers who pay your bills and if you value your situation in these troubled times them you must meet their expectations".
Read also what rural said about the economy, and also louiethefly's comment on the rapidity of change in the economy.

Are they all near sighted too?

As I said in my previous post to aerocom, try working for yourself..........you may find that if you did, then your present attitudes would probably change quite dramatically.

But then again, they probably wouldn't if you persist in the belief that there's fairies at the bottom of the garden who are going to give you a nice big payrise in the present economic climate, just because you want one.

Good luck when you go out and try selling that concept to the folks who have already lost their jobs because of the current downturn! They're the ones who are UNDERPAID!

So apache, if the grass is greener on the other side of the fence (as you suggest it is), then I guess it's entirely up to you where you want to be.