PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DONCASTER/SHEFFIELD
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2009, 16:56
pug

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
Im merely making an observation, much like you, and the same could be said to you also.... It doesnt take a fool to see that losing mass amounts of cash in operating costs is not good? Hence Peel trying to palm it off onto the taxpayers and failing...

I am aware that jumpseater may be employed at the airport, and i wish you well and hope you keep your job! Im just trying to look at the bigger picture, i do hear off people 'inside' occasionaly, though i never take any info as granted i think the general opinion is one of failure.

If you know anything to the contrary, i.e attracting business routes which may put something worthwhile back into the wider economy in South Yorkshire please tell... I think the failure of BHD to sustain a double daily service goes some way to prove my point, but of course apparantly no one wants to go to Belfast so why not offer Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt? Perhaps because if one route fails to work it maybe has a knock on affect? Merely common sense, i dont proclaim to be an airport operations expert and am quite aware there are many complexities to running and growing one...