PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Overtime
Thread: EK Overtime
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2009, 16:05
Marooned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK Whistler: EK is not a cooperative, I work-they pay. Loads may vary but I fly, a lot... that's what they employed me to do, not market to fill the seats.

A380_800: The same but we haven't lost anything yet but we're expected to pay in advance?

Down & whatever... get a dictionary. Just because you don't feel screwed yet does not mean it's not coming.

This is why we are fundamentally screwed; there are those who feel grateful, beholden to the company and see it in a way that they should do whatever is demanded for the sake of the greater corporate good. Or those who have seen this before in one way or another to see through it as a way of reducing costs to achieve departmental targets.

I for one don't buy the Ed 'personal' - 'share the pain' of a cosy EK family company in crisis. I see the reality of a cold, hard corporate business intent on survival at any cost ensuring the bonuses of managers and returns of major investors alike.

Just ask those who came from 'legacy' carriers in the US and Varig: were there Ts & Cs honored? Pension rights adhered to? Does anyone really think that corporate EK cares about any of us?

We have even less rights, NO RIGHTS yet the likes of above want me to feel responsible for the success of the entire company. It is a ploy, a cynical use of the current climate to squeeze very ounce they can for the sake of preserving the bottom line.

Regardless; 'The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true'.

Last edited by Marooned; 11th Feb 2009 at 16:26.