PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ASA Staff Shortage
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2009, 13:37
Ex FSO GRIFFO

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts
G'Day 'Direct', et al,

In YOUR mind, you are simply not going to do so much O/T, catch up on sleep, relieve the fatigue a bit, and most of all, spend time with your family.

All Very commendable, and honourable. And its an ENTITLEMENT!!

Unfortunately, the story when presented will NOT read this way - not at all!

Its called politics! Unfortunately.

Please, if you have any influence with your union, read Di Vosh, and read it again.

The headlines have already spoken about STRIKES not being on, all they are waiting for now is for the so called 'strikes' to be on!

The 'public' don't care about YOUR issues!
They think you are all well paid and greedy for more.
Remember the 63% B/S....

ALL they want is to be able to travel from A to B - on time, and in 'perceived' safety!

Public opinion 'on side' will allow you a bigger 'stick' than no public opinion - or, put another way, if you are able to show that you are NOT 'on strike', nor taking any other 'Industrial Action', but simply have 'had enough', and can ILLUSTRATE / PROVE your point - you will gain public sympathy which in turn will put pressure on the Govt. to 'hold an enquiry' etc etc.

Where are those rosters with the blanks for example?
Where are the 'completed' rosters, as worked, showing little or no time off?
The facts, man, nuthin' but the facts...

If you think this is load of cod's, then, in the fullness of time, we will see what we will see....that's about the only way I could say what I feel - politely.

The readers of these forums are largely supportive I reckon - we (me anyway)
KNOW the story - backwards - but the public do not!

Now, there's a challenge for the Civilair 'PR' machine..... IMHO....

OVAH!

Last edited by Ex FSO GRIFFO; 11th Feb 2009 at 16:02. Reason: Clarity of some points...