PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mod Vs Integrated - A different Question
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2009, 10:01
skyhighbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-Sixty.

Thank you for your input. I really didn't want to make my post sound like I was aiming for BA. You are right, if upon succesful completeion, I would be happy flying rubber dog sh!t out of Hong hong.

I guess my logic was IF a major airline (in this case BA) only recruits for Direct Entry the Integrated Pilots, then other airlines will look to that leading airline and say "Lets do the same. If they are successful, then lets follow that model (for want of a better word)".

But I do understand your point regarding the fact that an intergrated student would have been known to the school/trainer for the whole duration and could possible provide a better reference.

I'm in a position where I "could" potentially afford an intergrated course but it would be less of a struggle financially and to my family if I did the Mod route. So because it is potentially possible that I can chose from both worlds, what would be more attractive?

From what I've read, providing you are not daft enough to only set your sights on BA, then it doesn't really matter what route you chose. If money isn't an issue (hopefully that doesn't sound flippant) the ony benefit an Integrated course gives you is you finish it quicker? But thats hardly a benefit right? you still have to look for that job - along with other integrated pilots finishing the same time as you, the mods who are finishing around this time even though they took longer, and plus the other poor souls who have finshed their courses before you! - all swimming around in a pool!