PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA CPL Conversion Exams
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2009, 05:04
Schumi - Red Baron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
agent123

If cricket matches are about sportsmanship and NOT got anything to do with national feeling, would you care to explain the sheer passion, frustration, anger and fury of the crowds when India loses a Match ONLY to pakistan as opposed to say a loss against Australia or any other country ????
Patriotism is love of and devotion for your country. Not hatred for others. A cricket follower/fan is equally dissapointed when his/her team looses to any other team. And India pakistan is bit more like Australia and kiwis.....But in asia we just take it out of proportion....

Mate ! If you think leaking of DGCA exam papers and this "pay to pass exams" thing does not happen anymore, Im quite certain you are living under a rock ! ... or somewhere in Kanyakumari or Andaman/Nicobar islands... cut off from rest of the country. You'll be shocked to know just how much every guy/gal is willing to shell out to pass these papers and get their licences converted ASAP !!!

Are you confident on that??? I will pay you INR 30 lacs or more if you get me the dgca paper....

I agree there might be shop stewards, lazy, incompetent, whingers who can't study and are willing to shell out thier parents money...But how many actually got it done....There are many who want the paper to be leaked but can you get it done...nope....

About the "pay for job" thing. It is very much there in India.
It is something like the "NRI or management quota" system in Colleges and Universites in India .. where people who are unable to make it based on merit .. they end up paying a phenomenal amount and get a seat in a college of their choice and stream.
I had written about this in an earlier post. The ones who give a job upon payment of some money are not your usual agents, but rather HR managers/others in the Airline itself. Since there is no proper auditing system, such things go unnoticed.
Again ... you will be shocked how much money these people ask for the job and the number of guys/gals gladly willing to pay !It's like when there are 20 vacancies, 8 to 10 of them are PFJ (Pay for job).
Out of 4000 pilots i think such pilots will be like 100...Thats it...But what you said is true upto a point....And now there won't be any induction so i cannot imagine such procedures being followed anymore without any job in any airline....

It's sad but true how the aviation industry works....I think the whole aviation industry needs to be bit more transparent and a major change is required in industry.....

Regards
Schumi

Last edited by Schumi - Red Baron; 11th Mar 2009 at 07:15.