PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Second Fake LAME Identifed
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2009, 04:56
Socket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airsupport,

I think you may have misunderstood. CASA issues the Licence whether you have done a company course or you have done it off your own back through some outside entity.

That licence does not automatically grant you the right to certify for maintenance on the company aircraft you hold the licence on. The company must approve you to do that.

Most other companies have a system in place that vets prospective approval holders ( licence checks etc..) and when satisfied that you qualify AND if they feel the need for another approval holder ( $$$) they will grant the approval and usually issue you with a QA controlled stamp.

Qantas for whatever reason dont issue controlled stamps, they seem to rely on that obviously far superior and infinitly more reliable method of giving you a different jumper.

Now obviously there will be no traceabiliy problem with the jumper approval system or Qantas wouldnt have gone that way, but I cant figure out how you are supposed to use a jumper in the certification process. Maybe it has marked microfibres that adhere to the documentation when you sign.

Reading between the lines it looks like this guy has either got the licence and is not yet company approved, or has his basics and course but not the licence or approval.

Just guessing but I reckon its probably the former and he was just trying to be helpful and got shafted for it.

If so he's a silly bugger.From what I have seen and heard of QE for the last few years sticking your neck out is an invitation for a lot of these 'managers' to chop it off.

Sorry clipped you beat me to it and said it better