PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Second Fake LAME Identifed
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2009, 04:14
empire4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
airsupport,

here are a few answer. QF has got its approved courses, as does JTP and so forth. when you do a outside course and you have obtained your licence you run off to training and HR and they make you a LAME. Now more than ever QF is runnning on trust that the little red book supplied is real, that what you say is the truth. I don't know if you still can but tim mccormack got his LAME uniform without being a LAME. I got mine whilst waiting for HR to update my details after i got my casa licence. there are apprentices runnning round with lame jumpers!! So everyone assumes you have a licence when you wear the shirt, and everyone knows that you did a company course.

Both these incidents have been from COMPANY courses. NO one acctually calls casa and asks. QF could have loads more in the same situation.

I'm not sure how your employer controls there approvals, but having done a stint overseas other EASA approved airlines use a controlled stamp. QF has NO control. And then of course you have managers who made public statements that ALL QF LAMES had BEEN checked and obviously never were. hope this answers a few Q's