PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Instructors - Myth or Eventuality?
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2009, 02:30
ForkTailedDrKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope that you are not referring to me as "the bunny" just because I initiated this thread; otherwise I could take offence
QSK?, no such inference was intended!

If it can be shown that there is no safety problem with PPLs (of a certain experience level) in comparison the mint CPLs, both with the appropriate instructor rating, teaching other PPLs, then to say what Doc said is the sort of unionism we criticise ATC for
Geez, now I am offended!

For the record - I have NO vested interest in this discussion! Although I hold a CPL, CIR and an Instructors Rating (lapsed!), I have never used any of these qualifications to put bread on the table - my choice. I have worked as a casual charter pilot while undertaking postgraduate university studies and I have instructed for an aeroclub. I am heavily involved in tertiary level training of professionals in a non-aviation field, and currrently fly about 250 hrs a year on private ops in support of business activities.

I am not and never have been a recreational or sport aviation pilot. I am a GA pilot!

I have met and flown with many, many pilots over the last 35 yrs, but have only ever met one PPL who I would be happy to have teach my son to fly - and he was an ex-WWII RAAF instructor!

I really don't give a rats what CASA do with this! Lets face it, well considered, intelligent policies are not exactly their forte!

I just think it is a really STUPID idea which will do nothing to reduce the aviation kill rate in this country - which makes me ill!

Dr

Last edited by ForkTailedDrKiller; 11th Feb 2009 at 02:54.