PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LaserJet 4 Plus drivers
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2009, 21:32
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
brusque!!??

After my wife, you're a beacon of pleasantness and warmth. Oh, and hope you soon feel well again. Plenty of Single Malt perhaps.

Some will remember that I've been through this before. As mentioned, the install onto the old disc goes seamlessly. Absolutely bog standard install.

I don't want to put everyone to too much trouble, as I'm looking forward to this physical drive becoming Windows 7 dedicated. Keef thinks I might be too late for a Beta, so will only need to used this disc while the dust settles on 7.

Apropos the posters suggestion's above, what I didn't do was clear the other HP possibles out of the way. In fact, quite the opposite, loading several and trying them in turn. Some, will print a page with Driver Updates for example, all the graphics and Trade names are perfect, then the fine details are gobbledygook. One will start with a clean sheet. HP III? I recall that being suggested before, but for the life of me can't remember if I tried it, cos I may have been in the midst of one of life's 'Interruptions'. Will do that as well.

Thanks once again folks. LR