PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2009, 12:05
Zero-1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SM
i imagine that you're referring to Denis - he prides himself on being able to answer any 558 question you can think of!

very knowledgeable bloke

sm

=================================================

Hi SM
I am amazed, considering the number of times we have crossed swords in the past, I never ever thought you would have expressed such sentiments about me.

Thank you kind sir..

now regarding the Farnborough Saga etc.... I don't know where you got the info from? but what follows is the true account...

Let me clear this up right now as I was involved with the Trust at Farnborough...

1] Club booked accomodation... Shirley Tull, club airshow rep, reserved three rooms at a local pub and when the club decided NOT to have a seperate appearance at the show, she was going to cancel the reservation, I as the Trust deputy organiser asked her to transfer the reservation to me for the Trust, this she did. What actually happened we, the Trust, decided we also would not require the accomodation and I cancelled it.

2] All the club volunteers that attended Farnborough were working for the Trust.

3] Accomodation for ALL the project team and it's club volunteers was provided either by Farnborough International or the Trust.

With regard to Friends numbers this stands at 25,051 and 7,467 club members.. but some people appear on both databases..

Denis Parker
VTST Friends Coord/VTSClub Membership Sect

Last edited by Zero-1; 10th Feb 2009 at 15:20.