PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 20th Apr 2002, 22:54
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sat 20th April
No flying today. I woke up at 7.30 am, feeling better for over 10 hours sleep! Drove back to Long Beach via Topanga Canyon, then spent several hours in Venice, shopping, having a Chinese massage to get the hydraulic failure kinks out of my shoulders, people watching on the boardwalk, and envying the owners of the houses on the canals. Drove round Culver City in circles trying to find my way on to the freeway, arggg...maybe finding my way in the air is easier. Just got back to Rotor Aviation, and decided to post anyway, even if it's not aviation orientated really.

Nr Fairy, Thanks; I may do that, but I now have this long list of places to go to, and only 10 days left! How can you be jealous of me? You did loads, and went loads of places I'm not going, having spent a week flying the freeways. But that was my decision, so I'm happy with it.

Flying Lawyer, I was definitely planning to visit Catalina, hopefully in the next few days. San Diego's on the list if time. I don't know about the rooftop helipad, and thanks for the hint about test flying R22s; I fancy that if I can wangle it.

Muffin, I'll hopefully fly into your field and tell you all the news sometime when I get back.

BTW, I want to do one hour f/w flying, just to get a US airfield in my log book; anyone know who at LGB I should go to?