PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus II
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2009, 10:08
EYXW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
am I bother wrote:

At the end of the day the crew pay their subs, they vote for their representatives and they make decisions at union meetings. So attacking Bassa is attacking the 11500 or so who make up the union. The union is not one person or a comittee its the whole membership.

So I think its about time people concentrated on the issues that affect them and minded their own business.

I just cant believe people have the gaul to question union agreements. A union whom they do not even belong to.
I would humbly like to point out that the company destructive nature that one of our Unions has decided to follow of late has something to do with every one of us. So I am more than happy to see representatives of every role adding the 2 pennies to this forum.

Also, I assume you know how Unionism works - in terms of rep elections I mean - I used to work for one and I can assure you that the result of elections is hardly ever representative of the majority rather a result of heavy whipping from the controlling factions.

As for questioning Union agreements - are you serious that is the right of every member!

That aside - I agree people shouldn't shout for glee at others misfortune - however the WW & EF agreements are out of date and make worse the situation, financially, BA currently finds itself in.

I'm sorry but we are all going to have to work harder for the foreseeable future if our employer is to survive, BASSA however continues to stick its fingers in its ears and pretend nothing is happening (globally). That is what really gets some peoples goat, not some misconception that people are jealous of your pay -quite right you should keep it, but give a little to - it's not the glory days anymore.

I myself am a grounded Dolly and as much as I enjoyed some of our terms - often I found them to be far too restrictive - benefiting us to the detriment of the customer.