PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's this mean?
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2009, 08:48
udachi moya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I love the term "follow the greens" - makes me feel safer when I have a ICAO level 4 scraper under training.

But, it does remind me of a wonderful incident many moons ago in my ground ops days( HD may remember )
One very very foggy morning, nothing arriving - nothing departing. Aviance were asked to tow the Brymon Dash7 from the bravos to the deltas..... yes the tug driver was told to follow the greens to stand delta xyz..... sometime later, we in ops wondered where he had gone, it was only a few minutes from the bravos to the deltas, so we switched a tug radio to listen out where he was............ and.........
"speedbird xyz, line up and hold 09R at block 89" - reply - "we can't until the dash 7 moves first" - reply - "what dash 7" - reply - "the one in front of us under tow"....... silence....... hasty dispatch of BAA Ops vehicle to find poor lost Dash 7 and bring him back through the departure queue...
Yes the poor hapless tug-driver had dilligently "followed the greens" right to the holding point 09R at block 89 ( old numbers were the best )