PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - little advice
Thread: little advice
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2009, 02:34
neilson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey,

Thanks for all of the advice. These are all great points that I need to factor in. I see points from both sides of the fence which still makes it difficult to decide.

The fact that some friends have recently moved on to bigger companies doesn’t help either though. It’s funny how we get the itch to move when we see others around us getting ahead and moving on. We’re happy to see them get the job, but at the same time a little envious and hate to get left behind in the dust so to speak.... Maybe I’m way off on that and I’m the only one who thinks like that.... I dunno.

Lately, a lot of our FO’s have been jumping ship to bigger outfits (Air Canada Jazz and Porter) with the occasional Captain leaving for them also. They have been leaving for their own personal reason aside of career ambitions I believe as most of them wanted to return closer to home. However, I suspect they also saw it as an advance to their careers too. That being said we have had Captains leave for even bigger outfits like Air Canada Mainline, Westjet, Air Transat, and Cathay to name a few. All of these jumps though occurred during the latest economic boom have since slowed with exception to a few going to Westjet.

Anyways, as of right now, my TT sits around 2700. Of that time, I only hold around 900 PIC on small aircraft. Most of the TT is SIC on the Metro and a little PC12. The captains spots are starting to dry up at my company and the reality of staying an FO due to uncontrollable circumstances seems to be coming an ever more reality than I hoped...i could be wrong...people may still leave.

Anyways, Thanks for all of the input so far...I do appreciate the feedback. If anyone else has anything more to add please feel free to addin..

Cheers,
neilson