PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bond bo105's?
Thread: Bond bo105's?
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2009, 23:33
Twisted Rigging

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-BAMF

With regard to G-BAMF, or mike fox as she was normally called.

I was told from sources that I have no reason to disbelieve, that before she was put to rest, Mike Fox was the highest houred bolkow in the world. She was the first to reach 20,000 hrs. and was nearly at 23,000 before she retired.

I had the pleasure of flying her from 7th March '96 'til 16th May '05. On an almost continuous basis. I have taken her to ships north of the Magnus, all the way south to the Channel Islands, incuding most of the bits in between, including St Kilda, Scillies, Hebrides, Most of wales, etc. etc. The only place I didn't take her in the UK was to the south east of england, but I'm sure that she's been there!

I logged her 20,000th hour, and her 21st, and her 22nd. I would have loved to have done the 23rd, but alas it was not to be.

As has been previously noted, the longevity of these aircraft was definately down to the grand job of the resident engineers, including the previously mentioned Alan Ward and Davie Gow, both of whom I have had the pleasure of keeping me sane (ish)

Flying the Bolkow was certainly a privilege, I miss it so much, but not the radios or the heater

TR