PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2009, 23:28
bombsaway80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know what happened at the school before I arrived here, and I don't care. Both myself and my fellow students believe it's the present that matters, not the past, whether its true or false. My belief is that all that is false. But it's the present and future that matter, and I couldn't have been any more satisfied with what I've seen since I arrived here.
Well that's fine for you, but you can't comment on what other people have experienced since you don't know. Glad you admit it.

I found it a huge advantage when CAA organised everything for me, including my visa. I would have found it extremely intimidating to have arrived in Toronto that first day & to have to find my own way to North Bay, & then find accomodation, transport, etc.
A fair enough point, but was it worth spending an extra 35-40 thousand euro? Where you could have taken that money and spent it on a airliner rating? Is it really that hard to pick up the phone and sort out accomodation, flights etc from Ireland? I would say no, what with this new internet malarky...

One thing I do know is that CAA is not like one of the other schools who rush their students through and have huge classes.
Now this is an interesting point. You are right, CAA don't rush their students through. Usually because the planes weren't online for students when they went up to the school to fly. And do you think CAA would be sympathetic to the students? No, they were told to find their own accomodation and food if they weren't finished after a year, it wasn't CAA's problem. That's treating the customer well isn't it? Hopefully you won't find yourself in the same situation...but then again, that probably "doesn't concern you" since it was "in the past".

Now you are more than welcome to come on here giving your experience of the school (which no one has a problem with, by the way), but it's only fair that you also advise potential students of ways in which they can save money instead of trying to get them to go through O Riordans grubby paws. Then let them decide. Fair?

Hey Winto, any chance you would answer the big twelve questions? I know you're reading this....and none of this "I don't know, it doesn't concern me stuff either". You definitely do know....