PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2009, 15:40
ards_boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason that I was getting so annoyed tiger and LTNman was that I myself worked as ground staff .....I like to think that I treated passengers as if they where above the age of 5 and had at least a few brain cells (hard to do at times with some BFS passengers ) because at the end of the day they are customers, they pay my wages. As I mentioned in my post I was not in the process of walking out the door I was standing beside it, not walking out of it. However, I do agree that rules are rules and that it is groundstaff members job to inform passengers that they have broken a rule, I've done it myself manys a time (usually chavs trying to smoke on the ramp lol! What I was complaining about was the manner in which the staff where doing so!

With regards to informing me the a/c would leave without me, there was two long queues on each set of steps and it was STD -35, I was planning a 30 second phone call, not a hour long catch up with an old friend and I know perfecly well what ramp guys are capable off

Perhaps you guys are right maybe I was partly to blame as I may have been in a bad mood, because I was put in a bad mood at check-in and BFS security generally isn't a pleasant experience either!! I make no excuses for my performance, I do try to be a 'well behaved passenger'and I usually find travelling through BFS pleasant enough, but the ground staff certainly didn't make it very easy on this occasion!