PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Start Date.
Thread: CX Start Date.
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2009, 14:00
bretofdfw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would call CX recruiting and talk about it, as well. They have "issues" here at times, as you'll see reflected all over pprune, but to me recruiting and personnel have been completely reasonable. I had concerns with commuting to the US as a DESO and called recruiting. They were totally reasonable and gave me what they viewed as plusses and minuses, that was all. It didn't come across in any way that they were thinking, "Oh, he might not want to come here." I did, I just had a reasonable question about my future and they were cool about it.

On the bond, I don't know how much it is and this is a very different level probably...but I had to pay $5,000USD once to get out of a contract (not quite a bond, just a penalty so to speak, so take that into account). Again, probably much less than what you're talking about, and not a bond. But, having said that, the issue to me is never what it costs you this month or this year. The real issue should be what you earn over the course of your career and where you are happiest working. Happiness at CX is very much (incredibly much!) a personal issue. For me, it's great. Others don't have the same opinion. If you think it's the place for you and can afford to pay the bond and are okay doing so, I would take the job that is secure for now and play things out as you move forward. Humber is right that you can't stay in your current situation very long. They will have to let you go if you're not flying. Then, if CX comes calling, play out your options at that time.

Finally, I don't think the currency issue matters at all. CX will make you current during training. There was a guy in my class who hadn't flown for over six months. I think they care about that in the interview process and probably if it's a couple of years or something, but a few months won't matter.

Good luck!