PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 9th Feb 2009, 08:38
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just glad we've kept our powder dry - maybe we can sell it off to the French... they must be running low on stocks by now, surely?

I think we may have forgotten where we actually stockpile our powder...

I hope Hampshire County Council haven't used it to replenish dwindling grit stocks. We'll probably find NATS did a deal with them, but like the sale of the old Heathrow tower, we won't be told about it until any future negotiations are over.

Any news on the hugely overdue pay negotiations yet?

The pensions were cited as a stalling tactic in the first instance, now VR's are being cited.
Are management not really just making things progress so slowly because they want to make sure the economy is at it's weakest before they agree to anything (or more likely, agree to nothing)?

Great tactics by the way though - the longer we wait, the more NATS will bleat about the failing economy. Every day is another nail in the pay 'negotiations' coffin.

Pay awards should not be tied into how much we save through VR's. Redundancies or more to the point, cutting needless jobs/roles, should be done anyways, and should not be a factor.