PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 9th Feb 2009, 07:49
Capt Krunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tagalanga:

welcome, hope you know what your getting into, but sounds like you don't have work so this is a good option for you.

well, loc22550 has some good advise that you should follow as my advise would be nearly the same.
Bring what you need, a couple of large bags, Hire a car for the first while ( cost is the same or in some cases less than buying a new car).

1-Should I pack as much as I can or the houses are really “fully furniture”? Anything you guys think I better import than getting it there?
company accommodation is fully furnished, bring very little.. remember one thing, seems by your name you are coming from the USA.. the power is DIFFERENT here.. DO NOT bring electrical things as they may not work without a currency transformer.. ( you can buy anything you need here anyway)

Will the banks give you credit on the spot since you are employed by Qatar Airways? It is the transportation allowance enough or you have to put money on top of that to drive a new car?
the banks are pretty good with us, used to be allot better but the current crisis has the banks a bit scared.. should not pose a large problem.. the least of your worries anyway.
Transport allowence... not nearly close to enough.. maybe covers 10% of your needs.

3-Do you go to the company accommodations as soon as you arrive or first the put you in a Hotel? How soon you usually star training after your arrival date?
yes straight to company digs.. you might just start training the day after you arrive.. and some times a couple days later.. depends on the availability of courses and others joining at the time.. it's just luck of the draw on that one.

Poisoned by compromise
Krunch