PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could Skipp*rs just be the best place to work in WA?
Old 9th Feb 2009, 00:33
The Bunglerat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're an idiot, thats what I think.
Hey Shed Dog, don't sugarcoat it - I'm sure Metro Man would love to know what you really think!

Nevertheless the point has been well made that maybe it's best to focus not so much on the job itself, but what it does for you personally. I'm very happy with my current employment circumstances; not so much because of what I fly, where I fly, or even how much I get paid - but because of how it fits in with my lifestyle. Sure I work with people who constantly bitch about the work environment, management issues, etc (and thankfully they're in the minority), but I've always believed that if you don't like what's on offer, vote with your feet and take your business elsewhere. Even in the current climate where opportunities may not be so varied and plentiful, no-one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to be there. Whenever I start thinking like some of my colleagues about what's wrong with my company, all I have to do is think about the 10 years I spent in GA - or when I've been unemployed and really scraping the barrel - to instantly cure myself of any anger issues or self pity and be reminded that, for the most part, I've got it pretty good.