PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ASA Staff Shortage
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2009, 22:23
everyonefedup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that sacking TFN and his lap dogs would go a long way to restore a bit of faith back in the ranks.

What they should do is sack TFN, do a short term agreement for 12 - 18 months with a good faith pay rise of 6% or so; offer incentives for people to do overtime over the life of the short term agreement to let a new board and executive come up with a workable solution going forward.

At the end of the day - even if TFN manages to pull an agreement out of his hat the staff shortages will still be there. What is he going to blame next? "eerr... I have only been here for FOUR years... I'm errr still new at this... all of the problems still aren't my fault"

What a joke.

To think he started this negotiation with a letter to all staff saying that he thought the LAST negotiations weren't run properly and he was going to do it better. Well guess what buddy boy - the last agreement at least got voted in on time. We may not have liked it all but it was on the road to incremental change... then TFN came in and stuffed it up so the reforms never happened.

The problem with ASA management is that they think they are above everything... above the employees, above the unions. The can't quite get it that the employees and unions have more corporate history than all of them put together. I mean who on the management team was even involved with the last agreement? They even got rid of KOB right in the middle of the negotiation!!! You have to ask why they thought they needed to get rid of him... the last person with any memory of why decision were made.

Something smelly methinks?