PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - so what about the ban
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2002, 08:55
Wilfred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nosegear

We all know the facts as you state them. I doubt if anyone on this thread would not like to see the sacked pilots reinstated, myself included.

We all know that the ban was put in place to put the management under pressure, and while you say that you do not want to 'curtail and damage' peoples' careers, that is exactly what you are doing. The solidarity you are showing for your sacked colleagues is outstanding and admirable, but you show no solidarity with the pilot fraternity worldwide by potentially denying them the chance to take the dream job. The irony is that IFALPA's aim must surely be to promote worldwide solidarity amongst pilots.

If you were in a country where you could strike yourselves, then you would be on firmer ground in asking pilots not to do join during industrial action. As things stand you are asking folks with alot less than you, to risk alot more than you are, and it appears inappropriate to many of us.

I accept that this will probably ellicit the usual hard line union rhetoric, but some grown-up logical responses would be appreciated too.