PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training for tests!
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2009, 14:09
fabbe92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didnīt want to bring this up again. I just said why I want to train now for the tests!

For you guys that donīt know.

It is a school where everything is paid by the swedish government. You go to a normal school and learn normal subjects but 2 days a week (monday, tuesday) tou study aviation. So the normal education is paid by the state. The flight training is payd by the state and the ones ho operate the training are Scandinavian Aviation Academy. www.bfsaa.se . So you get the same teachers and training as the ones att SAA.

What you get at this school is, CPL, 150 hours, NQ and you learn to fly with glass instruments and you learn to fly with gear raiesd up.

So this is what you get if you go to this school.

After the 2 years, 30% of the students will be selected to come and train with SAA and gain ME/IR, ATPL, MCC and everything you need to be a airliner pilot, FOR FREE!!!. So these guys get from 0 hours to type rating for free. (not the tr tough!) For the other 70% there is the same training. But they have to pay 2300 euro for the ME/IR etc.

So its free. This is good. But you have grades in the CPL subjects and since I will have so many subjects to learn, the grades will not be as good as if i do my cpl after upper secondary education.

The fact is that some of these graduates gets a job with Ryanair. But the majority of the graduates are working as flight instructors now (2-3 years after graduation).

I donīt want to work as a flight instructor for 2-3 years I want the best chance to get a job on an airline. And 90% of OAAs graduates, gets a job on an airline. All the people who have gone to this school, lives and works in Sweden or Scandinavia. I donīt want that. I want to live and fly in the UK, Germany, Belgium whatever. And the fact is that many of the graduates from OAA now works for big airlines. They may not work for them at the start but after 10 years or something. I canīt find any graduate from the free school who works for a big airline. Not even SAS.

So I have pretty much decided that I am so passionate about flying that I am willing to pay a large amount and sacrifice in order to get the best of the best. Maybe you guys donīt think like me but I am I and this is how I see it.

Lets stop this thread now