PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Harrier dispute between Navy and RAF chiefs sees Army 'marriage counsellor' called in
Old 8th Feb 2009, 11:12
Roger Sofarover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with Madbob.

A few years ago a study was conducted amongst very senior Officers across the services as to what qualities and skills they deemed were necessary for a young Officer Cadet to possess to ensure they would 'cut it' and be of great value to the military. Time and time again, one particular quality kept being mentioned, and that was 'Moral Courage', ie backbone, spine. It is about time there was a unified stance by our guys at the top, to stand up in front of the Treasury and the MOD and say 'NO!', enough is enough. The couple of billion that the military is asked to save is nothing in comparison to the Northern Rock, LloydsTSB debarcle.

It still astonishes me that at a time of well publicized overstretch somebody in the Treasury even has the gall to ask for savings to be made. Torpy has made his full pay pension now, it is about time he stuck up for the service that has been so good to him. I see the First Sea Lord at least had the balls to put his job on the line, something I have seen many Admirals and Generals do, but have never heard of any of our chaps in the RAF do.

But nothing will change Rant Over